For many people, their cars are more than just another asset they own and have immense sentimental value for them. Cars, just like other assets, are exposed to the elements. When you drive your car, tiny pebbles and dust particles hit the body causing scratches. Unsightly chips and ugly dings and scratches can damage your car’s paint job, and even small marks are eyesores.
While there is little you could do to limit your car’s exposure to the things that can damage your car’s paint, you can install XPEL paint protection film on your car to protect your vehicle’s body. XPEL paint protection is a revolutionary product designed to protect vehicles from damage caused due to environmental factors that they come in contact with. Here are some benefits of XPEL paint protection.
1. Low Maintenance: XPEL paint protection is incredibly easy to maintain. It is waterproof, which means you do not have to worry about removing hard water spots on your car’s body. Any stain or dirt marks on the film can be easily cleaned with a clean, soft cloth and mild detergent.
2. Easy Installation: XPEL paint protection can be easily installed on any part of a car including its hood, bumper, lights, and fender.
3. Superior Protection: XPEL paint protection offers superior protection against scratches and damage caused by roadside debris. XPEL is completely transparent and does not change the original appearance of the color.
4. Easy to Remove: XPEL paint protection can be easily removed without damaging the car’s body. If you are planning to buy a new car, you do not have to buy a new paint protection film and can transfer the film installed on your old car to your new vehicle.
Tips to Get the Most Out of Your XPEL Paint Protection Film
· Avoid Waxing the Film: Waxes and other substances can lead to haziness and discoloration of the paint protection film. Periodically clean your car with a dedicated car washing product. Use a premium wash media such as microfiber mitt. Pour alcohol on minor scuffs. Most scratches should vanish after a minute.
· Do Not Wash Your Car Within Seven Days of Application: A paint protection film requires time to fully cure. Washing the car or agitating the surface within seven days of application can interfere with the process.
· Avoid Using a Pressure Washer on Film Edges: Stay 8-12 inches away from the edges of your paint protection while using a pressure washer or powerful air moving equipment like high pressure can cause the edges to lift.
· Immediately Remove Bird Droppings, Tree Sap, and Bug Splatter: Contaminants that are acidic in nature can damage your paint protection film, reducing its lifespan. To prevent serious damage, immediately clean any bird droppings, tree sap, and bug splatter.
One of the most important things that will determine the useful life of your XPEL paint protection film is how it was installed. A Shade Darker is an installation pioneer. We have mastered car paint protection film installation in Napa County. Our installation solutions deliver value. Call us at 707-546-2827 to request an XPEL paint protection quote from the best paint protection film installers in Sonoma County & the North Bay.